ARISS Needs Your Support to Kick-Start a New STEM Educational Experience
*STAR* ( Space Telerobotics using Amateur Radio)
*STAR* enables youth to reach “stellar” heights through:
- Youth remote control of robots via digital amateur radio techniques
- “Mission control” interface and wireless communications emulates NASA’s control of rovers on Mars and robots on ISS
- Youth performing challenging robotic maneuvers via closed courses
- With other youth groups
- In adjacent rooms, across town and, for some “expert” teams, through the ARISS radio on ISS
- Youth learn about Amateur Radio with some potentially earning their license
ARISS-USA is recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, EIN 85-1185748. Donations by checks may be made payable to: “ARISS-USA” and mailed to: ARISS-USA, 909 Metfield Rd, Towson, MD 21286
ARISS thanks ARRL and the ARRL Foundation for its support to ARISS *STAR*.
You must be logged in to post a comment.